Sunday, November 2, 2008

Backlog

Hello doves.  Sorry to be so absent.  I had a horrendous pledge drive from the 17-24th, then a busy weekend recovering and doing various wedding-related preparations (hello, Ascension Catholic Parish Engagement Coordinator people!), then I was off to Denver on the 29th, where I am right now.  Grandma came with me as a surprise to my sister, which was fun and delightful.  Benjamin and Samuel were also pleased, particularly Samuel, who loves Ross' mom (Nana), and my mom (Grandma) more than anything.  We pulled into the garage from the airport and Sammy was writhing out of his car seat trying to get to Grandma.  We have taken to calling them Gramuel, a la Brangelina, or Speidi.

Sadly, the Casa de los Twins has been taken down by the stomach flu. Samuel projectile vomited all over Mama, Grandma, and me yesterday, which was quite a sight to behold.  Also, horrendously disgusting, and so very sad.  He managed to sleep through the night, and fingers crossed, is on the road to recovery.  But they've been tricked before by babies not puking and then BAM, they getcha again.  Poor Ross was taken down around midnight last night, and has just emerged to try and get some water into his belly.  Grandma and I are just praying we don't get sick before our flight--this vomit-phobic author is horrified by the thought of being stuck in a flying tube while doing the technicolor yawn.  But such is life sometimes.  Mama and Benjamin seem to be fine as well, but none of us want to jinx it, so we're just holding our breath.

I'm looking forward to updating everyone on some fun new recipes I recently tried, all very delicious and autumnal.  And I have a book review, so I better update that column...  I also have some delightful pre-puke pics from Halloween of S & B.  I think I may even share some fun memories from my friend Claudia's recent wedding in Idyllwild.  Good mountain fun.

To the Pepto!   

No comments: